Almost everybody who’s got their internet access intact are going online to check on their friends if they are okay, post relevant information like areas where there are dangerous floods, numbers to contact for rescue and evacuation, and location of people who needed to be rescued. Internet users also have begun sharing images and video footages of the damages brought about by the storm Ondoy. GMAnews have even noted this recent activity.
Goes to show that Technology is such a great friend at a time like this. And, of course, that humans aren’t that so selfish at all.
Here are some people who have blogged about the storm Ondoy:
- Ondoy by Fliptravels (This line actually warmed my heart: “right now I’m riding a free internet connection from someone I don’t know. It was locked when I first checked it then he left his router open)
- How Bad Typhoon Ondoy Was by Dementia
- Tropical Storm Ondoy and Park 9 by seav
- Ondoy by Twisted Halo
- Typhoon Ondoy by Kessa Thea
- It was a bad nightmare by The Struggling Blogger
- Our Katrina? by Alex Maximo
- The Darkness always comes before the dawn by Ganns Deen
I’m sure there are a lot more out there, but these are the ones I’ve read. You can add to the list if you like.
Stay safe, everyone.